Can anyone direct to a site that has these measurements

I would like to build some standard size kitchen Cabinets, the only measurements that I seem to be able to find are the over all dimensions. I am interested in a break down of the pieces that are needed to make a 54" Wall cabinet, 24" Base cabinet, and a 24" Wall cabinet. Any help would be grateful.

Reply to
bdeditch

Grab a tape and measure a friend's cabinets. It worked for me 25 years ago.

Reply to
C & E

Grab a tape and measure a friend's cabinets. It worked for me 25 years ago.

I am sure that he would be really happy to dismantle his cabinet to get measurements

Reply to
bdeditch

Well, then take your tape measure to the Borg and measure one of THEIR cabinets. Oh, and be sure to grab one of their free pencils on the way out.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

*EVERYTHING* depends on the design of the cabinets.

Standard counter height is 36" Standard depth of counter-top is 25-1/2" inches. Standard depth of wall cabinets is around 11" (I dunno exactly, I've

*never* made 'standard' wall cabinets.:)

Generally, cabinet _width_ is in multiples of 6". with 30" and 36" being the typical main sizes. Sometimes with an 24" or 18" unit thrown in to make things 'come out right'

HOWEVER, the cabinets I just did for my kitchen remodel were: counter height 37" (I can put 1" 'appliance casters' under the stove, and still have it at 'counter height' -- malice aforethought in the design :) counter-top depth 31-1/2" inches overhead cabinets were 49+" tall, 8" deep at bottom, 24" deep at top. these overheads start barely 11" above the counter-top -- practical *only* because of the extremely shallow cabinet depth as the base of the overheads.

Somehow I don't think _my_ 'detailed measurements' would be of much use to you.

If this isn't enough info for you, then you need to buy a book (with plans in it) on the subject of 'making kitchen cabinets'.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Reply to
wayne mak

He wouldn't have to. If you could't get the needed info from them - or even without them - you'd best give up all hope of building cabinets.

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

On 4 Dec 2005 19:51:34 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "bdeditch" quickly quoth:

At your city library, find a copy of one or more of these books:

*"Cabinetmaking and Millwork" John Feirer *most detailed

"Cabinetmaking and Millwork" Alf Dahl

*"The Fine Art of Cabinetmaking" James Krenov *best philosophy

"Cabinetmaking : from design to finish" Byron Maguire

"The complete book of woodworking and cabinetmaking" Byron Maguire

"Making Kitchen Cabinets" Paul Levine "Build Your Own Kitchen Cabinets" Danny Proulx

"Build Your Own Kitchen Cabinets" Jere Cary

"Building Traditional Kitchen Cabinets" Jim Tolpin

"Cabinetmaking" Paul Haynie

"Cabinetry : the woodworkers guide to building professional-looking cabinets and shelves" Rodale Press

"Making Cabinets & Built-ins" Sam Allen

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

There is no such site to my knowledge. There are however industry "standards" dimensions for _manufactured_ kitchen cabinets that are generally followed closely by manufacturers, designers and buyers of pre-built cabinets, cabinet parts, and applicances for spec/tract homes:

- Standard Base cabinets are 24" deep by 34 1/2" tall (without countertop)

- Standard Wall cabinets are 12" deep by 30" tall

- Standard cabinets width are in multiples of 3" (not 6" as mentioned heretofore)

- 18" between the finished countertop and the bottom of the wall cabinet

For "custom" cabinet jobs, the most prevalent deviation from the above is the height of the wall cabinets, which are usually made taller according to the height of the ceilings in the home, or for design reasons. You don't often find a radical departure from these dimensions due to problems with resale, fitting of aftermarket parts like pantry racks, doors, drawer fronts and slides, appliances, etc. ... but, as always, "custom" is as "custom" does.

Specifically to your question above - The actual dimensions of the individual components of each of the cabinets depends upon how they are made, with many variations and methods of cabinetmaking to chose from. In addition, some cabinets are made off-site as individual components/boxes, then installed; while some are built-in to the existing walls/space on-site, and not as individual components. There will be a world of difference between the dimensions of the cabinet parts, as you can appreciate.

If you're just starting out building kitchen cabinets, you could do worse than to check out John Paquay's site below and buy a copy of his little book ... it is an excellent departure point for doing the job yourself, and will actually answer your question precisely, provide you are using his method.

said, I do have an Excel spreadsheet that gives me precise dimensions of each of the cabinet parts when I plug in the required dimension of the cabinet, but it only works for the way _I_ build cabinets. IOW, once you decide upon a method of cabinetmaking, you can then refine your tools to make the job easier.

Until you reach that point, there is no way to answer your question effectively.

Reply to
Swingman

The Complete Cabinet Maker's Reference - Jeffrey Piontkowski Popular Woodworking ISBN 1-55870-757-3 $29.99 US

255 pages, 3 ring bindered so it lays open flat. Has dimensions, labeled exploded view diagrams, cut lists and cut layouts for: base cabinets without drawers with drawers sink base cabinets vanity base cabinets without drawers with drawers Vanity sink base cabinet blind corner base cabinet without drawers with drawers Lazy susan cabinets 24" tall wall cabinets 30' " " " wall corner cabinets 24" tall blind corner wall cab 30" " 12" deep pantry cabs 24" " dressers nightstands desk and file cabinets entertainment centers book cases pencil drawers counter tops & corbels Also has a list of suppliers

This book should provide not only what you asked for but a cut list and sheet layout as well. If you're also wanting

4, 6 or 8 light cabinet doors and the pretty, visible stuff - keep looking.

charlie b (who wishes he'd found this book BEFORE he bought the other four, five or six books)

Reply to
charlie b

It costs $19.79 with free shipping from Amazon

Dave

Reply to
David

free shipping If the entire order totals $25+

Dave

Reply to
David

The Complete Cabinet Maker's Reference - Jeffrey Piontkowski Popular Woodworking ISBN 1-55870-757-3 $29.99 US

255 pages, 3 ring bindered so it lays open flat.

Even better. The info in this book is worth several times the "list price" of $30. At $20 it should be on anyone's bookshelf that plans on making kitchen or bathroom cabinets.

BTW - it's not three ring bound but pseudo spiral bound but still lays open flat.

(it's also printed and bound - in China)

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Reply to