Can 9-ply baltic birch be steam bent for skateboard?

Before any of you laugh at my question, let me say that it's NOT for me, it's for my 11 year-old son.
I need to know two things. First, will baltic birch take the kind of bending needed to make a replacement top for a skateboard? And, second, will it *probably* be able to endure the flexing and knocks required of a skateboard? TIA
Gerry
"G.E.R.R.Y."writes:

NO and NO.
9 ply is very stable and birch goes to hell if it gets wet.
--
Lew

Glue up the plywood, then cut the profile with a bandsaw
John
On Tue, 18 May 2004 04:46:42 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

The cut offs can then be used as trim or edging on other projects.
John wrote...

This might cause performance problems, due to flexibility and stiffness falling in wrong places.
Jim
Most modern skateboards contain some sort of carbon laminate to increase strength and rigidity, too. Unfortunately, this is one of those projects where you may be better off buying.
Kevin
--
=====
Where are those Iraqi WMDs, NOW?

yeah, that's it! now all you need is a vacuum press. bob
rockler sells a skateboard "blank" John