Camp Coat Rack-Bench

Pecan boards, milled from a downed tree at the farm. I sanded, 80 grit, th e rough cut boards.... no planing or further sanding. Though stickered wh en air dried, the boards warped pretty badly and I didn't feel like muscli ng these heavy boards more than I did, fo rbeter smoothness. They are smoo th, though, with a few coats of finish on them.
It's presently disassembled and loaded for delivery, tomorrow. Seat is ke yed to the sides. The back is notched and secured with 3" deck screws.
The left-right "wings" may be removed or reduced in size. Once assembled, it's wider than I realized, when initially building it, laying on the grou nd & on saw horses.
Seat is 6' wide.
Have 9 more hooks, so depending on the final size, placing hooks on the win gs or sides is an option. Nice size hooks, too.
Feet are beveled, shorter, on the backside by 1/4", so that it leans toward the wall, when installed.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/
Sonny
On 9/25/2015 9:11 PM, Sonny wrote:

Looks great! You know, you seem to have the same problem that I have and have been trying to change. BIG projects. ;~) Some one has to do them, right?
On Friday, September 25, 2015 at 10:37:32 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Two more pics. https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/?
Installed the coat rack this weekend. Looks pretty good installed, too. Not as big-looking, for the space, as I had thought it would be, but we may still reduce the width.... We'll live with it for a while, decide, later. I ordered 6 more hooks, should be in this week, so maybe this weekend I c an get those installed.
Note the small dining table on the right, seats 4. This is why we need a larger dining table. I have a plan for a ER cedar trestle table. Soft w ood, but we'll see how it goes. I have these slabs to work with, and plent y other cedar boards milled from 14, or so, hurricane-downed trees: https: //www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/4035792156/in/dateposted-public/
Yep, someone has to do them. It's hard to steer away from too large of pr ojects, sometimes. Thanks Leon.
Sonny
On 9/28/2015 9:01 AM, Sonny wrote:

Did you install the coat rack or just set it where it wanted to be. LOL

Looking good!

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 9:14:59 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

LOL. A little of both, I suppose. This is where we had originally thought to put it. I wasn't sure if it would be too big for the space. I though t it might be too close to the (cooking) burners, on the right, but these b urners' placement is temporary (presently our only cooktop). We have a gas stove proposed (as soon as we get a gas line installed), along with some r emodeling of other kitchen cabinet and appliance arrangements. We are to revamp the bathroom facilities, also, in conjunction with the kitchen overh aul.
Originally, the bathroom was a quick build, assembly.... at the least, some privacy for the girls, not much other reasonable planning. In that small area, we have a toilet, shower, water heater, washer/dryer and storage cabi net. No vanity and the plumbing is a mess (piecemeal/tie-in installation, as per randomly installed facilities), i.e., seemingly typical hit-or-miss Cajun construction, 'round these parts.
Sonny