Call for a moderator of REC.WOODWORK

Page 6 of 6

<meaningless troll inspiried question SNIPPED>

Mike,
You seem to have some juxtapositional God issues, passing out blessing in the name of God like some apostle.
I have to say: NICE troll! Seems to have struck the nerve you aimed at! I can't wait for your next driveling troll bait.
Myx
Mike Zuchick wrote:

Whether anyone agrees or not, it doesn't work that way. It's been too many years since I read up on the intricacies of newsgroup creation and whatnot, but to the best of my knowledge, the most you could hope to achieve would be the creation of a new, separate group. Something like rec.crafts.woodworking.moderated.
As to whether or not that's a worthy goal, moderated newsgroups pretty much universally suck. Something about moderation takes the life out of a crowd faster than any number of trolls. For proof, find any pair of newsgroups where there's a moderated and an unmoderated version. Read them both for a bit and see for yourself. Every time I've done this in the past, I've always wound up staying with the unmoderated group and dialing up my squelch.
I don't need no steenking Taliban....
Plonk-O-Matic!
Philski

If the Moderator's primary charter is to filter out the religous shit, then sure, I'm all for it.
Brian.