Call for a moderator of REC.WOODWORK

*ESPECIALLY* since most woodworkers have had a "Thor thumb" at one time or another -- usually as a _direct_ result of the hammer.

what's the old saying "He hit the nail right on the thumb" ?

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I volunteer you Mike.

Reply to
Mark

No, Mike. What you should think about is that if this group were properly moderated, we would never see any posts from you.

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

I get it, my leg came off in your hand. FWIW, I agree entirely. It's the placement issue that was bothering me though, I don't care about his beliefs, just his placement. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

anyone who gives Zuchick (alias Mike the Zealot) a "BAD" time is alright with me!

dave

Myxylplyk wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I second the nomination for Thor!

Leslie

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

Good Point! By the man a beer. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

On 09 Feb 2004 18:06:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

The Zoo Chick's posts would be the first to be moderated. [He IS consistent (totally irrational) in his thoughts, eh?]

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I move that we split the group into rec.woodworking.norm and rec.woodworking.roy.

Marc

Reply to
MrAoD

Maybe we could get him together with "Dr. Chung" who has ruined the cardiology newsgroup with religious rantings :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

For what it's worth, the double dash _is_ part of the NNTP standard.

Reply to
gabriel

It has nothing to do with courtesy, it has to do with someone's religious spam being tossed around a newsgroup where it doesn't belong, after he's been politely been asked to cut it out, or at least modify it to follow the posting standard. Mike doesn't give a damn what anyone else thinks.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

I'll do t-shirts.

Reply to
jo4hn

Brian Henderson responds:

I believe you'er right. And there's absolutely no problem with him no tgiving a damn for my opinon, but that does not give him the right to keep shoving his expressions at me, or at others who don't care to hear them. Whether or not I agree with his religious beliefs is immaterial. I do not like proselytizing in any shape or form--and, yes, I know that goes against the grain of some kinds of Christianity. Tough. Stay off my porch and out of my face and we'll get along. Keep getting in my face with your problems, and you will quickly understand that I refuse to make those problems mine. And I firmly believe that anyone with as controlling a nature as M.Z. has some big league problems.

Charlie Self "Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet?" Lily Tomlin

Charlie Self

In article , "codepath" wrote: [snip]

That *does* make a difference, actually. Sensible newsreaders recognize that as the beginning of a sig block, and don't quote that line or anything following it when replying to a post. And that's the problem that I have with Mike Z's posts.

Doug Miller

What about Druids or other nature based religions, they have to do with wood(s).

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

the courtesy bit was me being a bit facetious Brian, the context had not passed me by.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

You wouldn't be a Wicken by any chance would you? :-)

Reply to
codepath

To me:

religion = cult

But, that's just me.

However, consider the most public examples of those who profess and push there beliefs at us.

Jimmy Swaggart Jim and Tammy Faye Baker Pat Robertson Jerry Falwell

Doesn't this make you think that Heaven would be a very annoying place to be?

codepath

But I love Robert Tilton. He makes me laugh. I have a gag-reel of some of his funniest moments.

Reply to
codepath