Call for a moderator of REC.WOODWORK

Not only do I not agree that we need a moderator, you couldn't moderate this group if you wanted to! Usenet has rules and you can't convert a non-moderated group to a moderated one.

You'd have to have a new group created, probably rec.woodworking.moderated, and there are more hoops and votes and nonsense to jump through to get that to happen than is at all likely to happen. You need to find several moderators, and then hope that anyone from rec.woodworking will actually post to rec.woodworking.moderated, which is unlikely.

It's easier for you to just learn how to use a killfile on your own.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

No... spam, trolls, etc., are annoying but so are moderators that aren't on-line 24/7, or who feel compelled to add tag-lines or commentary to everything crossing the group, or who burn up bandwidth nagging everyone about message formatting and etiquette. ;-)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

|Mike Zuchick states: | |>-- |>In His Name, be Blessed, |>

|>I think it is about time for a Moderator for this Group. Anyone agree? |>

|>God Bless, | |Not unless we get one that doesn't allow religous expression.

Amen ;)

Reply to
Wes Stewart

I noticed the postings this morning that probably inspired this request. I spent a couple of minutes adjusting my newsgroup rules and PRESTO: no more crap. I'm using plain old Outlook Express w/ Quotefix.

I don't see a need for a moderator. All they do is slow down the process of posting. In a group of this size I would agree it would be a monumental task.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Yep, I had the same problem with it. I had to reply to a reply to be able to quote him at all.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

You could do this at one time. rec.bicycles.off-road was converted to a moderated group because of one troublemaker who could not follow the rules, started endless arguments about the impact of mountain bikes, would not listen to reasoned counter-arguments, etc.

It was a royal pain to convert rec.bicycles.off-road. I don't think anyone really wants to spearhead changing this group or making a new one.

Reply to
Mike Iglesias

How much does the job pay?

Reply to
p_j

Adding "Mike Zuchick" to my news filter.

snipped-for-privacy@draco.acs.uci.edu

Reply to
codepath

Pan or Dionysis would be more fun... Even Thor, who at least has a hammer!

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I invoke Formosa's Law.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Nope. I hate this crap as much as you do but I'll leave it to myself to filter out that which I don't like.

Ignore it, This too, shall pass.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

Are you guys saying that "Nibble my nipples" isn't a regular poster to the wreck??? And here I was pissed that they forgot to put OT in front of their post...

On a serious note, please keep the religion out of it - it's almost as annoying as "Munch my Meat" and his post about his "uncut penis head". (He's a regular poster though, right?)

Ben

Reply to
BM Cooper

He's a regular *sumpthin*, that's for sure!

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

right on!

dave

Dave Balderst> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

he's been in mine for a couple of years, I think. I had forgotten about him until I saw the replies to his drivel.

Reply to
Bridger

Twain quotes. How do you like that?

Count me as a vote for Mark Twain.

Reply to
Cape Cod Bob

15 months ago is before my time here. Is there some difference between Christmas ornaments & funeral expenses that I'm missing? A bunch of ornaments were made & given away...

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Thanks for posting. You sliped out of my killfile somehow. Got ya.

Reply to
CW

I hate trolls, but I also don't like moderated newsgroups.

My vote is No.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Mark Jerde asks:

To me. The difference is, I didn't ask for them, in Christ's name or any other.

Charlie Self "Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet?" Lily Tomlin

Charlie Self