Call for a moderator of REC.WOODWORK

In His Name, be Blessed,

I think it is about time for a Moderator for this Group. Anyone agree?

Given the several hundred postings/day on this newsgroup, I think you're going to be hard pressed to find someone who has enough time to moderate this newsgroup.
Get some kind of kill-file add-on for the newsreader you are using, or use the built-in stuff if your newsreader already has it.
--
Mike Iglesias Email: snipped-for-privacy@draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
Mike Iglesias wrote:

I noticed the postings this morning that probably inspired this request. I spent a couple of minutes adjusting my newsgroup rules and PRESTO: no more crap. I'm using plain old Outlook Express w/ Quotefix.
I don't see a need for a moderator. All they do is slow down the process of posting. In a group of this size I would agree it would be a monumental task.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
Adding "Mike Zuchick" to my news filter.

he's been in mine for a couple of years, I think. I had forgotten about him until I saw the replies to his drivel.
Mike Zuchick wrote:
I'm neutral on the issue (but I admire anyone willing to moderate a group with as many posts as we have here).
I want to let you know, though, that what I suppose you want your signature to be ("In His Name, be Blessed," with the "--" above it), is placed at the beginning of your message, thereby making your whole message apeearing to be part of your signature (usually, everything below "--" is the signature). It makes it very hard to read your message, and if one uses a smarter NG reader, then a reply to you will quote nothing, since the whole message looks like a gigantic signature.
Just in case you did not know...
--
gabriel

In typed:

I don't. Are you volunteering?
Also, I agree with Gabriel regarding your sig. Please put the body of your post PRIOR to your sig so that it gets quoted easily.
Thanks
Saudade wrote:

That's rich, Mike Zuchick calling for a moderator. I'm glad I turned off my killfile to check what I was missing. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

killfile (or bozobin).
and yet another vote to fix your posts so the .sig comes last.
/vic
Saudade wrote:

Yep, I had the same problem with it. I had to reply to a reply to be able to quote him at all.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
NO, I don't agree.
Mike Zuchick wrote:
Mike Zuchick states:

Not unless we get one that doesn't allow religous expression.
Charlie Self "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold." Mark Twain

That seems somewhat intolerant. I suggest that we get one that does not allow Mark Twain quotes. How do you like that?
-- Al Reid
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." --- Mark Twain
Al Reid wrote:

It's easy to ignore a sig line that is where it is supposed to be. Putting it in everybodies' face is the problem, and what was being pointed out. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Dave,
Look as my sig line ;^} Ah, never mind!
-- Al Reid
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." --- Mark Twain
Al Reid wrote:

I get it, my leg came off in your hand. FWIW, I agree entirely. It's the placement issue that was bothering me though, I don't care about his beliefs, just his placement. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

How about that. Go for it. In the meantime, I'll do the simple thing and get my "moderator" going along on Al Reid.
Charlie Self "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold." Mark Twain
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:16:54 -0500, "Al Reid"

Count me as a vote for Mark Twain.
On 09 Feb 2004 18:06:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

How about, political affiliation, race, class and creed? Further, will the moderators be Netcops?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme says...

Charlie, I've never been able to say things as well as Kipling does.
Example herewith:
Whether The People be led by The Lord, Or lured by the loudest throat: If it be quicker to die by the sword Or cheaper to die by vote-- These are things we have dealt with once, (And they will not rise from their grave) For Holy People, however it runs, Endeth in wholly Slave.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?