Calculator to work out Cubic feet or metres

My local hardwood supplier talks in cubic feet of cubic metres are there any tools/software or does someone have the caluclations
Example: 40 stair treads 48 1/4" X 12" X 1" And hanging strip 48 1/4 x 3" x 1". (L shape tread) . So how many cubic feet/metres of wood do I need? Regards Connor
To get supplies in a usable form, you still don't want to buy them in cubic measurements. To change inches to centimeters, multiply by 2.54 Try these:
http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Measurements_and_Units/Conversion/Online_Converters / http://www.calculator.com / http://www.martindalecenter.com/Calculators.html

multiply the values given together add them together and divide by 1728....not exactly rocket science,or did I miss something

Ancient Chinese proverb: Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day. Teach him how to fish, and you feed him for the rest of his life.
So here's your fishing lesson.
Volume = length x width x thickness
One cubic foot = 12" x 12" x 12" = (you work it out) cubic inches.
One foot = 0.3045 meters thus one cubic foot = 0.3045 x 0.3045 x 0.3045 cubic meters.

The calculation is left to the student as an exercise.
--
Regards,
Dear Sir/s
Dear Sir/s
Further to you fine explination im pleased to supply the answer
Total 16.75 cub ft or 5.1 cub m
Marks please out of 10 - Thanks for the help people.

My calculator tells me that there are approximately 35.31 cubic feet per cubic meter. You might want to reconsider ordering 5.1 cubic meters.
I though the proverb was "Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day. Teach him how to fish, and he'll probably buy a bass boat and be unavailable most weekends."
Someone around here used to say:
"Build a man a fire and you warm him for a day; set a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life."
I'd attribute it to the original author if I could remember who it was. I've gotten a laugh from that every time I've used it.
Tom Dacon