CADD Jigsaw puzzle pattern

Anyone have one of these? I've got a LaserCAMM here at work I'm using to score pieces of birch plywood with my kids faces. Works really well, and my parents are puzzle buffs, so I thought I'd make them a wooden jigsaw puzzle of the grandkids. Slap the plywood on the laser, etch the kids faces in it, then fire up the pattern and cut out the puzzle. Should make for a really cool 40th wedding anniversary present. I just need the jigsaw puzzle pattern in a DWG, DXF, or even an Adobe Illustrator file.
Anyone have a link to something like this? I've Googled unsuccessfully.
Thanks in advance Mike Rinken
I have seen puzzle designs on the USPTO (US patent office) website believe it or not. They would be .tiff files but if you have illustrator maybe you could have it trace the images for you. You will need a .tiff viewer plugin for your browser to see the images.
Of course you could be infringing on somones patent.
Check out these patents: 1,531,542 Simple puzzle D267895 very simple puzzle D320050 Complex angular puzzle D409256 Complex puzzle
at
http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/srchnum.htm
Have fun
"Creamy Goodness" <creamy at agbf1942 dot com> wrote in message

Not legal advice, however it is to my knowledge that one can make up to 25 units of a US. patented device for their own use. You are limited to not sell these devices for 'profit'. There are no 'Patent Police', it is up to the patent holder to locate infringements.
FWIW. 'Coke' and 'Pepsi' submitted incomplete formulae's for their product as 'Patent Pending' and continued to do so for years. Same protection as a patent without making the entire details public information. There are people that hang around the patent office waiting for new items to become public information, in turn they sell these ideas to foreign manufactures and promoters located where the US. patent protection is not recognized.
--
Chipper Wood

useours, yours won't work
Did you ever solve this? I have a neat little plug in for Adobe Photoshop that lets me create puzzles. I can't save it to DWG or DXF though. I'll post an example in JPG format at a.b.p.w. Let me know if you can use something like that, I'll try to help out. It can be set to any number of rows and columns.
Lucias
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:29:16 -0600, "Creamy Goodness" <creamy at agbf1942 dot com> wrote:

--
The difference between snot and broccoli?
Kids won't eat broccoli.

CW wrote:

CW...
Is there a software conversion, or are you ofering to do this the hard way?
I spend too much of my time doing jpg --> DXF conversions manually...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

I'm sure I could redo it in much higher resolution, or in a number of other formats. I only posted that as an example to see if it was the type of thing the original poster was looking for. Let me know if you want me to try again.
Lucias

The difference between snot and broccoli?
Kids won't eat broccoli.
CW wrote:

Good stuff! Two operations that eat too much of my time:
[1] I make a sketch (or line drawing) of something that I either scan or photograph and want to import into my CAD program; and
[2] I take a photo of something - anything from an old barn to an interesting tree - and want to import that into my CAD program for carving into anything from a bookend to a cabinet panel.
My CAD program does allow me to import image files; but to carve the images I want with my CNC equipment, I have to spend a fair number of hours re-drawing (tracing) the image manually.
Is there a (preferably free, of course :-) package that'll do this for me?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

CW wrote:

Many thanks! I do expect that a certain amount of tweaking will be necessary - but even a just halfway decent first approximation may save a /lot/ of work.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

there are plenty of raster-to-vector packages out there, at a range of price points and optimized for various industries....
I have used the trial version of this program on scanned line art and it works OK. When is some of that spy satellite stuff going to filter down to freeware :)??
http://www.algolab.com /

Same question for me I have line art type woodworking patterns I would really like to get into my CADD program. I have a scanner. HI...

Lucias,
Please contact me at mwrinken at gmail dot com
I'd love to get this program from you. I'm thinking I can take the graphic into Illustrator and export the image to paths, then saving it to a DWG format for use in AutoCAD.