CAD woodwork plans

I am looking for woodworking plan in a CAD format. These files would focus on furniture design. Many internet site have traditional paper plans (for purchase), yet these plans did not appeal to me. First, most plans do not have my aesthetic; they focus on traditional woodwork with a country, missionary, or rustic style. I am looking for something in modern classic design. Think Charles Eames. Second, I am learning CAD design and need a similar project file for reference. A CAD tutorial with dovetails and sliders would help me get a start on my project. The preferred CAD format would be DXF. I do not mid paying for a high quality file and tutorial.
I realize that pencil and paper may be suitable for a start; yet I work with 3D applications everyday. So computers are less foreign to me than paper. In addition, CAD has better scalability features; and allows me to collaborate with people. Please understand the goal involve learning the CAD and the woodworking in conjunction.
Check around the Autocad groups, I think. TubroCad has forums, too, I believe.
Pop

alt.cad.autocad comp.cad.autocad
-
Robert Neville wrote:

download Limewire or bear share and do searches for woodworking, also try searches on bit torrent search sites, just remember to check the content carefuly some times you get crap, or woses
--
if corn oil comes from corn,
and olive oil comes from olives

I use SolidWorks to do all my deisgn. It is expensive (I am lucky enough that I use it at work) but with all the capibilities it is worth it to me. Everything I build now I design it first in SolidWorks. I find that if I build it once on the computer, things tend to work out better when I make dust. Its like I am building it twice. Whats the old saying, its always faster/better the second time. If you need something in a CAD format, let me know exactly what you are looking for, I can model it up and send you a DXF file. If you are also interested I can send you IGES files of the 3D models. With that you can design your parts and create molds/forms that can be used to create very complex curvature pieces. What 3D CAD system are you working with? Mike
can you get me a copy of the space shuttle? AutoCAD
-
IIRC, back in autocad ~9 days it came with a copy of the space shuttle :)
bent wrote:

--
Thank you,

http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/wood/story/data/289.xml&catref=wd47
i do not think this is wahat you need
i think i've been reading upside down again
-
    I have about 50 plans for computer furniture and odds & ends on my Web site (URL below). Many are free; some are cheap.
    You can request the CAD format with our standard order form. Let me know if you want some other format or have questions on design of woodworking projects on the computer.
    Thanks,
    Tom Riley snipped-for-privacy@charm.net
    Woodware Designs     http://www.charm.net/~jriley/woodware.html
Check out our latest book:
"Look the Future Straight in the Eye" http://www.charm.net/~jriley/book.html
On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 10:17:41 -0700, Robert Neville