Cabinetmaking and millwork by Feirer - comparing 1988 and 1970 edition

I have the 1970 edition of Feirer's Cabinetmaking and millwork. It is worth paying another $60 or more to get the 1988 edition? Those who have seen both could you please advise?

Thanks in advance.

Yours in woodworking Gilles

Reply to
Gilles Chiasson

I have the 1970 and had the 1988. Gave the latter to my son several years ago. As I recall, the newer one was smaller, had some updated machinery and techniques, but nothing earth shattering. I would be much more interested in a 2004 version, if there were one, that dealt with current materials, new vs. old wood, techniques for machining them, and the newer adhesives.

Reply to
Jim Artherholt

Reply to
Gilles Chiasson

Nah, he is only saving you $40. I'd have given you twenty bucks for the older edition. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:52:15 -0400, Gilles Chiasson calmly ranted:

hits starting at $2.95

Reply to
Larry Jaques