Cabinetmaking and millwork by Feirer - comparing 1988 and 1970 edition

I have the 1970 edition of Feirer's Cabinetmaking and millwork. It is worth paying another $60 or more to get the 1988 edition? Those who have seen both could you please advise?
Thanks in advance.
Yours in woodworking Gilles
I have the 1970 and had the 1988. Gave the latter to my son several years ago. As I recall, the newer one was smaller, had some updated machinery and techniques, but nothing earth shattering. I would be much more interested in a 2004 version, if there were one, that dealt with current materials, new vs. old wood, techniques for machining them, and the newer adhesives.
--
Jim Artherholt

Nah, he is only saving you $40. I'd have given you twenty bucks for the older edition. Ed
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:52:15 -0400, Gilles Chiasson

http://www.alibris.com/search/books/author/Feirer,%20John%20L . Several hits starting at $2.95

Never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects.