cabinet strength with pocket screws

Hi all, I am planning a cabinet to hold my table saw and jointer. What I would like is one cabinet about 7 feet long, 3 feet deep and about 18 inches high. I have an older craftsman 8 inch bench saw that is about 14 inches high. this would put the saw table about 35 inches in the air after adding 3 inch casters to the cabinet. (I'm guessing on the saws height and this could change the cabinets height by a few inches if the saw is higher).Will pocket holes in plywood be strong enough to hold the weight of the saw and jointer with their motors? Or do I need to build a 2by frame and attach plywood around it. The plan is for the cabinet to have a solid back recessed in about 4 inches which would leave a cubby hole type area in the back to hang blades and such. The front would have face frame and doors for storage. I was thinking of a 1 foot storage unit on the jointer end for it's motor to be in as well as a chip shute to a dust port. The remaining 6 foot would have 3 or four spaces that I am going to build to fit some bench top tools. so the cabinet would have over it's 7 feet at least 3 dividers to go with the 2 ends. Everything I've read says pocket holes are plenty strong for cabinetry but what about when holding some old tools on top and inside? thanks for the help....JD
The box and partitions should be pretty strong, but I'd use glue and some corner blocks too. Ply is not hard enough to develop a lot of strength with the short penetration of pocket screws. You'll have to experiment with your clutch setting to avoid overdriving and stripping the threads. Wilson

inches
3
could
pocket
jointer
hang
tools.

inches
3
could
pocket
jointer
Screws... plywood... bad combination - unless you run some cleats on the backside of the ply to actually screw into. I'm no believer in trying to get real strength out of screwing into plywood.
--
-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com