Cabinet Saw time

Page 2 of 3

Oh my, you're really into that, huh? The bike shop where I go, has some really...ermmm..'fringe' kinda riders, but we have no mountains. Lots of lovely laneways and paths, and some wonderful forest trails, but nothing that would warrant an all-out bike. The big bucks get dropped on road bikes with flat aerodynamic unobtanium spokes..like maybe 5/10 per wheel. 10,000 dollars for a bicycle says 'into it'. However. This is my bike... 'cept mine is blue (2 years ago they were all Blue) Made in Canada. http://tinyurl.com/37z5ud I did a couple of upgrades; alloy cranks and a couple of mud guards, because I do ride in bad weather too..just can't be too cold, lest I piss off my arthritis. Notice the lard-ass saddle..came with it...that's my story...(very comfy after a few weeks of post-winter adjustments). Angela and I just love the peace and quiet of a bike-ride, nice change for her...she normally runs 6 miles..every day, but she toasted her knee during a fall last November, se we're nursing her knee back with some bike therapy.
It was a beautiful day today and all the idiots with their crotch- rockets were screaming up the pavement, ...sirens blaring all day, ER personnel working over-time. The idiots didn't ride all winter...first warm day: "let's take our 150 MPH bikes out, Garth, and drink some beer, Garth, and get stupid, and I'll start the insurance tomorrow, Garth..duhhh.." " I'm going to get sooo drunk today, Garth, that I'll even be useless as a organ donor, Garth..."
When I was 18, nothing could kill me either..and didn't..see?
It was MUCH later in life that I learned that the only sure-fire way to get killed was to say: "No honey, it's not the pants that makes you look fat, it's your ass that makes you look fat."
Robatoy wrote:

Sounds like a Darwin Award contender to me!
I've learned that there is NO safe response to "I need to lose some weight".
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

Robatoy wrote:
> It was MUCH later in life that I learned that the only sure-fire way > to get killed was to say: > "No honey, it's not the pants that makes you look fat, it's your ass > that makes you look fat."
Whatever happened to, ".. Now that's what I call, built for comfort."
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Best I've managed to come up with so far is "If I had wanted a skinny wife, I'd have married a skinny girl."
Doesn't make her feel noticeably better, but I credit it with keeping my skin intact on a couple of occasions. Your mileage WILL vary.
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

Ah, good ole bicycle butt. Feeeeel the pain. LOL
"Robatoy" wrote:
> r---> cleaning the bikes and going for a ride. I'll have a sore ass > tonight,
Better you than me.
There has got to be a better way to get a sore rear end<G>.
Lew

Robatoy wrote:

You mean that there was a time in my life when I could fly a bar stool for extended periods?
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Oh... So THAT'S what you meant! <G>

Ohhhh...*big sigh of relief* Bar-stool-ass.... now I get it.
On 28 Apr 2007 07:59:27 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

My General 650 required a strip of self-stick "grip tape" along the fence rail to truly lock the fence in place, as the rail paint is very smooth. Once I did that, I can probably use it as a clamp stop!

errrrmmmmm *BUZZER SOUND* I mean General International...
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Have no fear, youknowwho will eventually see it and correct you. AAMOF, I can see the laser sight beam zeroing in on you from here. Better duck, dude, you're in deep shit now! ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

not to arouse the guy. I immediatly clambered all over my keyboard in great haste to correct my deadly error. I may not be so lucky next time. *wipes brow*

Love my 650!

That's a sweet saw. I know it well and so do a few of them around here and I hear nothing but kudos. One guy has the Excalibur sliding table attachment and is very pleased. But I'm going to be dropping a serious nut as it is with the Bot and all, so my 'dream' saw will have to wait. I'm also buying a bunch of material handling solutions, ie carts and such, new modular work tables. Take a peek...I want one of each on this page from 'carts' on down http://www.granquartzcanada.com/products.aspx?category=1#Work%20Tables
Just bought a new sander..and that's where my dream saw money is going for now: Take a peek at the video on the bottom of this page:
http://tinyurl.com/2wfvry
and considering that I pay 2 guys to do the sanding.... well, it's unfortunate that I have to think like that...but...and in the meantime I will have to put up with the voice of Clay in my head:
"Down at the well they've got a new machine The foreman says it cuts man-power by fifteen Yeah but that ain't natural well so old Clay would say You see he's a horse-drawn man until his dying day"

That is a big fella!!
Are sanders like this common in your industry?
I like the fact that it uses common sized sanding discs. I would hate to pay for a special sanding disc that size.

I have spoken to a couple of fabricators who use them. They are quite pleased. Many have bought an extra pad so they can do their change-ups quicker.

Theyre getting to be more common. The Australian company that makes it found a need and filled it.

That also makes similar patterns as the single 5" hand-held sanders, so there's a good 'blend'. Being an induction motor, the speed is constant as well. Some of the feed-back mentions pretty good dust collection as well. I'll do a review once it gets here.

I'm sorry... I really am. I know this is a serious tool. But on the other hand, I heard Nigel Tufnel saying (paraphrased) ,"you see right here, our amps go to eleven. And that's one more than ten, so it has to be louder".
It was the "it has four pads which make it four times faster" part that got me.
Robert