Cabinet Doors question help needed...

Page 2 of 2

Yahbut, please don't be coming back with the problem, "I've built some cabinets and I can't get the hardware I want to work with them".
Always have the end in sight before beginning.
UA100
I'll bet you can come up with something that matches fairly well (probably close but not exactly) out of individual strips of stock millwork applied over a slab door.

Chuck Hoffman wrote:

Yahbut, be sure you have hardware in hand before doing this to be sure it will work and you won't be having a raised panel which if I remember the picture correctly was part of the design.
UA100
That raised panel did not look that hard to duplicate...
if you can't shape a large piece then shape a couple smaller and laminate together, Just a thought that what I did for the cabinet I built for my wife..
-- Log

Outsource your doors. Find a shop which only makes cabinet doors and check their profiles- One around here charges about 25 to 30 for paint (4 letter word in this forum) But if she doesn't like grain then save the money and time and go paint grade

snipped-for-privacy@juno.com says...

It is tough to tell the exact details of the doors in the picture but the only really tricky bit of construction in the doors that I can see is obtaining the forty five degree miter where the rails and stiles come together.
I never made the rails and stile with that configuration myself but have seen it explained in one or two of my reference books. From what I can remember of the details I think I'd cheat and, using standard rail and stile shaping bits in my table mounted router, mill them over length, cut the miters to length, then assemble them using biscuits.
Good luck
--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

Couple of ideas: Price out the cabinets from the store. That may convince her a your suggested style is better
If above fails, price a divorce lawyer, then select cheapest option.
Maybe a compromise with a normal raised panel door and beading bit on the edge. My first look at the doors was "wow, they look neat", but after staring for a while, they look too busy for my tastes.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/