Cabinet Doors question help needed...

I'll bet you can come up with something that matches fairly well (probably close but not exactly) out of individual strips of stock millwork applied over a slab door.

Reply to
Chuck Hoffman

Joe C.

You could build the cabinets & buy the doors.

cabinets myself.

store that she

does one do

and what's the

Reply to
Jersey

Yahbut, be sure you have hardware in hand before doing this to be sure it will work and you won't be having a raised panel which if I remember the picture correctly was part of the design.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Couple of ideas: Price out the cabinets from the store. That may convince her a your suggested style is better

If above fails, price a divorce lawyer, then select cheapest option.

Maybe a compromise with a normal raised panel door and beading bit on the edge. My first look at the doors was "wow, they look neat", but after staring for a while, they look too busy for my tastes.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:45:35 GMT, the inscrutable "Joe C." spake:

Only if HE is the normal cleaner and duster in the kitchen. I rather doubt that, though there has been one pro chef here on the Wreck. I do my own cleaning/dusting since I'm single, but I'm in the vast, vast (or izzat half-vast?) minority.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That raised panel did not look that hard to duplicate...

if you can't shape a large piece then shape a couple smaller and laminate together, Just a thought that what I did for the cabinet I built for my wife..

-- Log

Reply to
Log

Outsource your doors. Find a shop which only makes cabinet doors and check their profiles- One around here charges about 25 to 30 for paint (4 letter word in this forum) But if she doesn't like grain then save the money and time and go paint grade

Reply to
gkoehl