cabinet doors

I have solid wood doors on my kitchen cabinets and would like to cut out the centers and put glass in. Anyone have an idea on how to make up some kind of jig to help do this? I have quite a few doors to do so a jig would really help.

Terry

Reply to
Terry Kangas

First thing is determine what kind of doors you have. If they are 'solid wood' or plywood you are probably SOL. The part remaining after you make you cutout will break easily.

If they are raised panel doors here are two options.

1 cut out most of the panel with a jigsaw or circular saw and break the rest out. Then chisel the back side of the groove away to accept the glass.

2 use a router to remove the backside of the groove and lift out the panel.

Reply to
RayV