Cabinet Design Software

I am not sure if this got posted (I am ew plz bear with me)

Hi folks - I am looking for an EASY TO USE design software. Basically, what I am looking to achieve is to open a simple, lightweight application that shows me something similar to a piece of graph paper. I then drag n' drop lines on to it just as I would a REAL piece of graph paper.

Picture this; lets say I am building (I do this as a hobby) an Oak TV stand. I want to draw a front view. The measurements are 36" wide and 30" tall. I want to click and drag that view on a 2d piece of graph paper as I would real graph paper. AND if I make a mistake, I want to easily be able to erase that line. (Eraser icons are nice) As I drag and drop I would like to see a visual indication of the length.

I don't want a typical CAD software where I have a ton of options I don't know how to, and never will have interest in using. I want a simple piece of graph paper where I drag and drop lines. Actually, the closest thing so far is Paintbrush.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Rich

George M. Kazaka

Visio.

I use for many 2D drawing tasks. It is great for simple cabinets. You can do different pages for the different views.

Reply to
RWM

Just a side note on using Visio. I recently lost over 4 hours of work due to a known bug in the software of version 5 (unknown to me at the time). Make sure you get a later version as there is no fix to the version 5 problem other than multiple incremental backups.

Greg

Reply to
Groggy