Ca. Gov.

Talk is cheap, Arnold says he wants to do this and that. They all talk like that but when they get in office it's a whole new different story. What political office has Arnold ever held anyway?

Reply to
LOUIEBOY

Even better: download a copy of NewsProxy (nfilter.org) and put these lines in your filter file, on the well-supported assumption that, with the exception of JOAT's posts in this ng, no webtv user has ever posted anything worthwhile anywhere.

rec.woodworking score:-100 from: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net*

  • score:+100 from:*@webtv.net*
  • drop score:100

Then you won't see *any* posts from webtv accounts (except JOAT).

Doug Miller

Doug baby, you are one ignorant creep.

Reply to
John

FWIW, I use a *nix based newsreader, and have been using filters for a lot longer than the current NewsProxy fad. The thing that is really hard to nail, no matter what the filter program, is the replys ( like mine ) to the offender's posts. Seems odd though, that NewsProxy, at least from your example, uses a bass-ackwards scoring system compared to more established newsreaders and filters i.e. the higher the score, the more interesting it is, not less. Ah, well. I guess as long as it works.

I guess the only reason I replied to the OP in the first place was the hope that some misguided soul who actually didn't know better might take the conversation where it was appropriate. In this rare case, it seems to have worked for the moment (in this one thread at least), as the bulk of the thread is over newsfilters and the merits of webtv users ;)

nuk

Reply to
nuk