BYO

http://byo.com/yourfirstbrew /
It's actually about brewing beer, BYO means "brew your own". The wood connection comes from making wooden mugs, and drinking beer from them. Sounds reasonable to me.
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe
After serious thinking J T wrote :

I have never heard that TLA translated to "Brew Your Own", Here in Qld it stands for "Bring Your Own" and is applied to a certain type of restaurant license which allows patrons to bring a bottle of wine to drink while eating.
Mekon
Wed, Apr 25, 2007, 12:03am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com (Mekon) is amazed:I have never heard that TLA translated to "Brew Your Own", Here in Qld it stands for "Bring Your Own" and is applied to a certain type of restaurant license which allows patrons to bring a bottle of wine to drink while eating.
You REALLY need to get out more. http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=BYO&string=exact&Find=find
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe