By we've just been inundated

Looks like we just got slammed with crap!!!!
Rich
Who reads that junk? What is the purpose-just to screw up a newsgroup???

But for months now Rich, everyone has told us to just ignore them and they'll go away....
I advocated taking some action against the twits but the "experts" here say no, it wouldn't do any good. Being passive isn't exactly doing so great either from what I've seen. Been knocking a few off here and there but the ones using the remailer services are a bit more difficult.
Until more agree to "do something", live with it. But I do feel real bad about the one poster that hit us earlier today. Can you imagine what kind of life that poor fella has? Must be terrible having a head that looks like a dick and having to look at it in the mirror everyday.

Looks like most of the crap was from a *.ru site. You can set up Outlook express to delete messages from this site - click on the offending file(s) (I close the viewer off first so I'm not opening it), open the Message tab next to Tools, and choose "create rule from message". I agree its a shame that some idiots get their jollys by sending this stuff, probably some kind of inferiority complex.
John

Doctor John writes:

Dump the domain in AOL. Simple enough.
But I don't think these people have inferiority complexes They are simply inferior.
Charlie Self "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold." Mark Twain
They really had a field day today. Tony D.

file(s)
tab
shame
kind
Twain
Thanks...did just that and presto the little twit is gone.
What's that saying about a good man doing nothing? Not being all that computer savy, I and many others have no way of identifying the computeror person, but I'll bet others can. Once identified, action could be taken and if word got out, you can bet being active would make a difference.
"Bob S." wrote:

"George E. Cawthon" wrote:

Get a copy of Sam Spade, e-mail me if you can't find it. Turn your headers to "ALL" and look for the NNTP Host and X-Complaints or Abuse lines. Forward the whole message, including the complete header to both those places. If you see something that says misconfigured server, or suspect message origin, or anything else along those lines you may want to consider running any numbers that you see that have XX.XX.XXX.XXX in th box at the top left of Sam Sapade and push the Whois button. It'll have the contact info on where to send complaints. Here's your header info:
Path:gtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net!wnmaster11!wn14feed!worldnet.att.net!bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net.POSTED!not-for-mail
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Lines: 29 Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:37:25 GMT NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.72.254.165 X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net X-Trace: bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net 1076373445 12.72.254.165 (Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:37:25 GMT) NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:37:25 GMT Organization: AT&T Worldnet Xref: wnmaster11 rec.woodworking:934910 X-Received-Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:37:25 GMT (bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net)
See how much it tells about you. This is just the header, Same Spade will tell you more. There are many other programs, SS is free as are many others. You can use any one of them. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
"Bob S." wrote:

I doubt that much can be done about the re-mailer. if you look at their site they say that they don't know who the people are themselves and that they'll only do something about it if the cops tell them to. 'Couse if they don't know, what can they do. Somebodies lying. They dress it up in what we'd call 1st amendment rights, but in Holland, who knows what the appropriate law is. As for the others, don't take prisoners. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

There was a guy about the same time who was proclaiming loud and long that his brother in law was a cop or FBI or some such thing and he would have this problem handled in short order. Yeah.
--
McQualude

Maybe I should start making 900 of those post's, maybe I am missing something, I don't know. PS I won't. Tony D.