BWOT: Bet you never saw a band saw like this one! : )

Page 1 of 2

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/3096659755.html
Long ago, on one of the govt auction websites, there was a "Jig saw" listing. I clicked onto it and there was one of these huge 3 phase Doall industrial bandsaws. LOL.
Bill wrote:

Fairly common blunder.
Usually a posting with such a glaring error is made by a wife undertaking a divorce and she wants to make a bit of money from her husband's toys.
I've seen several mislabeled tools:
"Hand saw" really a Skil saw or power saw "Table saw" really a radial arm saw "Work bench" really a pair of sawhorses with boards laid atop
and more.
On 7/6/2012 7:21 AM, HeyBub wrote:

And one the tool junky will leap upon. $20 for that Crapsman "band saw", if working, isn't bad at all.

Or spite value... ala "2007 Porsche Boxster. Must sell quickly! $7,500 OBO" <g>

Haven't we all? Old cigar box mixed in with half full quart cans of 25 year old paint, full of "old tools" for $4.00 at an estate sale netted me an almost full set of plane blades for a Stanley 55. One or two had actually been used, the rest still had a burr on the edge and had never been touched.
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

I've only scored once. Man took a new job in California and left his wife with orders to "dispose of everything, sell the house."
I got a Craftsman electric mower, used one season, retail price of $240 for $30, an economy table saw for another $30, and a fold-up workbench for $10.

Like the San Diego woman who sold her soon to be ex-husband's Mercedes for $5 a few years ago.
RonB

Our local paper would not do that. For a while though, there were people selling "arm saws". I guess they were not the radial type.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Ha ha! :)

Maybe they were medical saurs.
-- Truth loves to go naked. --Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 18:04:12 -0700, Larry Jaques

Used for amputations?
wrote in message

Used for amputations? ===============================================================================I'm due for a new knee here shortly so I looked up a vid on the procedure. The bone saw works like a Multi Master. The knee is glued to the end of the bone. The glue gun looks like a standard caulk gun.

From Harbor Freight? ;-)

To the end, or driven into the center of the bone? Just glued on the end doesn't seem like there would be enough surface area. Surgical tools aren't all that much different than carpentry tools. Some look like they're from the inquisition. ;-)
I'll probably have to have a knee, or two, replaced in the next decade. Not looking forward to it at all. Good luck with yours!
wrote in message

From Harbor Freight? ;-)

To the end, or driven into the center of the bone? Just glued on the end doesn't seem like there would be enough surface area. Surgical tools aren't all that much different than carpentry tools. Some look like they're from the inquisition. ;-)
I'll probably have to have a knee, or two, replaced in the next decade. Not looking forward to it at all. Good luck with yours! ========================================================================================Holes are drilled into the end of the bone. The knee fits into the holes and then glued in place.

Almost sounds like you could hire Leon and his tools to do the job for you. Hell, he could even do the repair using his Festool vacuum cleaner and the whole procedure would be mostly bloodless.
:)

A through Domino would be a unique feature. ;-)
On 7/8/2012 8:44 AM, Dave wrote:

I dunno, is the festool wet or dry? Might need my $80 wet or dry shop vac unless the the blood is on the dry side? You will need ear muffs for the shop vac:-)
--
Jack
On 7/8/2012 1:51 PM, Jack wrote:

It is wet also. ;~)

Doesn't that play havoc with the bag inside? ;)
-- Truth loves to go naked. --Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

With these suggestions, probably CW, too. ;-)

Yabbut, each tool cost is probably up in the high tens of thousands of dollars and the guys wielding them get the same pay for the 1-2 hour jobs. I get sick just thinking about it.
-- Truth loves to go naked. --Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732