buying tools on eBay

Ran across a cordless saw on eBay:

know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should purchase it for $18.99

Reply to
Cindi

> I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should

If it retails for 59.99 and it's 18.99 on Ebay right now, I'd wait till it went to 59.98 then bid on it.

Reply to
jerryl

you liar. You're shilling for the seller.

Reply to
Doug Miller

eBay is a big yard sale in a rough neighborhood.

Never EVER buy from people with less than 98% positive feedback, and a minimum of 50 transactions.

-zero

Reply to
-zero

Yup,and already with bad feedback.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Did you see the feedback on the seller? 77. I wouldn't buy a stick of gum from him.

Reply to
jerryl

> I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should

What a deal! Only $18.99 + $14.95 shipping = $33.94 for a cordless saw without battery or charger and without warranty from a person with a reputation of defaulting on nearly

20% of transactions. Buy it. You deserve it!
Reply to
Frank Arthur

Yes,but it looks as if he's using this guys pics, a scam if ever there was one.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

And if one looks closely at the ad, the reason it's only $19.99 is because - SURVEY SAYS - it's only a carcass. No battery! What a great ebayer, folks.

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

eBay:

> I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should

Were you born stupid? You're asking an insane amount for an incomplete, cheap tool and you're doing a _terrible_ job of shilling your shit.

I've reported your retarded attempt to eBay - it's a clear violation of the TOS.

Promoting your blog with the same tired technique is also retarded. Either come up with something creative, or go away. Hint: go away.

RicodJour

>>> I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should

Reply to
Craven Morehead

Friends don't let friends buy on Ebay - regardless of sellers feedback.

Reply to
Ray Turner

BS. I've done quite well buying stuff on Ebay. I does take more than a lonely brain cell though.

Reply to
Keith Williams

> I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should

No. The seller has bad feedback and you will probably get ripped off.

Reply to
Toller

The poster *is* the seller. "Cindi" aka James F. McGovern has been shilling his/her auctions here, and at rec.woodworking, for a while now. This is at least the third time he/she has been busted.

Reply to
Doug Miller

> I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should

No, you should FOAD. How many times are you going to SPAM the newsgroups with your eBay junk? Do you think we don't know you are shilling?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

> I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should

Who is this idiot spammer who keeps posting this crap? Jesus, get lost.

Reply to
jeffc

I've purchased many things on Ebay and never got stung. If the seller has a good feedback score and has been on quite awhile, it's usually safe to buy. I also pay by credit card just in case. Like everything else "Caveat Emptor"

Reply to
jerryl

Yes, definitely buy it, but don't ask this sort of question in this group again - oops, too late you're off to the KF....

> I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should

Reply to
glenn P

Looks like Cindi is getting the same reception she got the last time she tried this scam

> I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should

Reply to
RBM