buying tools on eBay

Page 1 of 2
Ran across a cordless saw on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0035550905&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9
I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should purchase it for $18.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0035550905&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9
If it retails for 59.99 and it's 18.99 on Ebay right now, I'd wait till it went to 59.98 then bid on it.

This is your third try posting the same crap. You didn't "run across" this, you liar. You're shilling for the seller.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Yup,and already with bad feedback.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Did you see the feedback on the seller? 77. I wouldn't buy a stick of gum from him.
jerryl wrote:

Yes,but it looks as if he's using this guys pics, a scam if ever there was one.
http://tinyurl.co.uk/iue8
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

<<Did you see the feedback on the seller? 77. I wouldn't buy a stick of gum from him.>>
And how about this note:
Buyer must provide positive feedback before item ships
Just looked tonight, seller's feedback down to 66.7% Good call to whoever pays enough attention to the group to notice the shilling..
--
Rick Nagy
3024 Somerset Pike

It was kinda hard to miss... Three times within a week or ten days, same items from the same seller every time... not too hard to figure out. Check the feedback comments -- I wasn't the only one who cottoned on to that.
--
Regards,
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 02:23:03 GMT, "Rick's Cabinet Shop"

I dont buy anything from Ebay. There are far too many crooks selling garbage and by the time you pay the shipping you may as well go to a store. Avoid Ebay. Problem solved......
Doug Miller wrote:

And if one looks closely at the ad, the reason it's only $19.99 is because - SURVEY SAYS - it's only a carcass. No battery! What a great ebayer, folks.
FoggyTown

And isn't that a violation of e-bay rules?

eBay is a big yard sale in a rough neighborhood.
Never EVER buy from people with less than 98% positive feedback, and a minimum of 50 transactions.
-zero
On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:14:18 +0000, -zero wrote:

Friends don't let friends buy on Ebay - regardless of sellers feedback.
snipped-for-privacy@coastline.org says...

BS. I've done quite well buying stuff on Ebay. I does take more than a lonely brain cell though.
--
Keith

I've purchased many things on Ebay and never got stung. If the seller has a good feedback score and has been on quite awhile, it's usually safe to buy. I also pay by credit card just in case. Like everything else "Caveat Emptor"

I've bought about 14 things and only had trouble with 1.
I bought a CD copy of Open Office 1.1, an " MS Word" emulation that is free, but I didn't have the time to do a download. I went with this guy because he promised quick shipping. It took about 2 1/2 weeks, and arrived long after I downloaded it.
I complained and he said if I didn't give him good feedback he'd give me bad feedback even though I had paid immediately. He pointed out that it would lower my percertage of good far more than his, since he sold hundreds or thousands of things.
What difference does it make if a buyer has gotten good or bad feedback? They have to sell to the highest bidder, and they don't have to ship until I pay. They are bound by the ebay rules for the first part and have no risk for the second part, and I'm sure they know it.
But I still wanted to keep my percentage good at 100%, so I decided to settle for a copy of his other CD, which had lots of freeware and shareware on it, that he said was useful for debugging. Probably was but it was poorly organized, had no index pretty much, and almost all had to be installed before it could be used.
He had lots of excuses. Claimed the wild fires in California had interfered, (but also said he shipped only a day or 2 later because of that. Both his cd's came with a printed note, the same one, that something had gone wrong so the shipping was delayed. I'm sure everyone gets that.

AIUI, the founder of ebay thought everyone would be honest, but by now they have been forced to hire 100's of lawyers to handle complaints (and that only relates to the problems aboven above the level that non-lawyers can handle.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0035550905&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9
What a deal! Only $18.99 + $14.95 shipping = $33.94 for a cordless saw without battery or charger and without warranty from a person with a reputation of defaulting on nearly 20% of transactions. Buy it. You deserve it!
BUSTED by Usenet. Don't ya just love technology.

Were you born stupid? You're asking an insane amount for an incomplete, cheap tool and you're doing a _terrible_ job of shilling your shit.
I've reported your retarded attempt to eBay - it's a clear violation of the TOS.
Promoting your blog with the same tired technique is also retarded. Either come up with something creative, or go away. Hint: go away.