Buying a Rockler Vise

I'm just picking up the WW hobby, so excuse my naivete.
I bought a 7' vise from Rockler, marked down to $25 from the original $50. When I opened it, it was clean and appeared unused, but had obviously been removed from its packaging before. It also had no mounting hardware (bolts, etc), and no documentation of any kind; warranty card, mounting instructions, or anything.
Is that normal? Should I go back to the store and ask what else was supposed to be in the box?

Bolts are not included, but I'd think that perhaps some mounting instructions would be. Why not give them a call?
It sounds like you've got the normally packaged vise there, only usually it's in a plastic bag within the box as it has protective oils on it. There aren't any type of bolts, screws etc., included with these vises, as hardware choice will be dependent on your particular mounting application. There are two holes and two edge hole slots on the bottom of the vise which can be used for attaching to the underside of a workbench with machine bolts or lag bolts. There are also two smaller holes in each vise jaw which can be used to attach wood jaw faces if one chooses. Rockler offers a guaranteed satisfaction warranty. If you are not satisfied with an item purchased it can be returned within 90 days for refund. If we can assist in any further way please feel free to contact our technical support at 800-260-9663 or snipped-for-privacy@rockler.com
Steve snipped-for-privacy@rockler.com Rockler Woodworking and Hardware www.rockler.com
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@rockler.com wrote:

Ahh..thank you for the explanation.
If you have a 7' vise you might need several people to carry it back to the store with you.

For that marked down price was it being sold "AS IS"?

A seven foot vise? How big is your bench?