Buy New Tools on eBay

I recently started browsing eBay in hopes of running across deals on new and used tools. I ran across a Ryobi 3/8" VSR D40 Drill

for $5.99 which retails at Home Depot for $24.99 and a Ryobi Cordless Circular Saw
for $18.99 which retails for $59.99 at Home Depot, so I know that these are deals.

Curious to know what I should bid for 14" Cut off Saw

Cindi

> for $5.99 which retails at Home Depot for $24.99

If you will send me $5.99 in cash and the drill, I'll throw them in the trash for you.

Max

Reply to
Max

> for $5.99 which retails at Home Depot for $24.99 and a Ryobi Cordless

> for $18.99 which retails for $59.99 at Home Depot, so I know that these

Cindi, Just be sure you know what the shipping costs are before you bid as sometimes shipping is so high that "a deal" is not really a deal after all. Good Luck, Ronnie

Reply to
shooter

Interesting that both of these are offered by the same seller, located in Bloomfield CT... and GeoBytes traces the IP address you posted from to an ISP in Bridgeport. Coincidence?

Reply to
Doug Miller

... snip URL's

Nah, it *couldn't be*! A shill? On Usenet?

We'll see if "Cindi" posts any responses.

Mark & Juanita

If you check out the OP's posting history you'll see it's unlikely that it's a shill/scam. There's also so little money involved it wouldn't be worth anyone's time.

Instead of getting bottom of the line new tools, think about buying better quality gently used tools. You'll pay the same or maybe just a little bit more, but you'll get far better tools.

To determine how much you should pay for a particular tool, search completed auctions for the exact model number (or brand and tool type). You'll get a good idea of what people are paying.

RicodJour

If you look at the completed auctions by this seller, the highest bid he got was about $15 and most were in the $10 range. Feedback looks ok to me, this guy does a volume biz and it looks like he is an eBay Harbor Freight type retailer, lots of cheap imported junk. You make the descision.

Mapdude

If you have a Sears Repair center near you, They usually have a good selection of remanufactured tools. The one near me carries brands such as DeWalt, Ryobi, Milwaukee, Sears, and others also. Can find some very good buys there on drills, drivers, routers, saws, along with other small hand tools. Not counting rebuilt yard equipment and quite a bit more, They give the same guarantee as new. Well worth a couple trips a month to see what all they have new in the store. Not associated with them, just an occasional shopper. CC

> for $5.99 which retails at Home Depot for $24.99 and a Ryobi Cordless

> for $18.99 which retails for $59.99 at Home Depot, so I know that these

CC