butchering an old friend

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net writes:

*Now* I know where I went wrong! Wish your wife had been my home ec teacher, or my big sister.
A toast to your lady, and only with the very finest wine.
Glenna
Larry Jaques responds:

Don't bet on it. Most of us don't question hospital bills--and we should. Many years ago, my mother was hospitalized for a few hours with a bee sting. She questioned one $10 charge (Mom was both an RN and child of the Depression so when it came to bucks, everything got a question). It was a "donation" to some hospital fund! They pulled this on a person who had just retired as acting administrator of a small hospital where she had designed and run a campaign for raising money to build an entirely new hospital.
And that was before our local medical octopus took over this particular hospital.
Silvan, you got Carilion up on B'Burg? And that's their misspelling, not mine.
Charlie Self "One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." George W. Bush
Charlie Self wrote:

Yes, in Radford. We had a lot of trouble for years over that. SWMBO's insurance would not touch anything except Carilion, and all the Carilion stuff isn't even in this county, let alone over the hill from here. We refused to go to Radford, so we had to settle for insurance that would only pay 60% instead of 80% for several years. That seems to have settled down now.
I'm not quite sure what's going on. When my daughter was born, about seven years ago, it was Columbia Montgomery Regional Hospital, and everything was branded CMRH. Most recently, it's back to plain MRH. I have no idea what that signifies, if anything.