Busy Bee

Anyone know if Busy Bee online prices are $US or $CA and whether they accept USA orders and ship to USA? http://busybeetools.ca /
David Merrill
Reason for asking is http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/picture10?&NTITEM 561
David Merrill

David Merrill wrote:

Canadian prices.
Not sure if they ship to the US. The owner is related to the owner of Grizzly, and I think they have some sort of no-compete agreement. This sucks for us Canadians, because typically the Busy Bee tools are far inferior to Grizzly.
Chris
Why wouldn't you just e-mail them?
Clint

David Merrill wrote:

Did you try calling their 800 number? They also have an email address!
Tom J
Grizzly has said they won't ship to Canada, based on the above 'no compete' clause, mentioned above, I would venture.
I would guess that the same would be same for the other way round.
Its unfortunate, because the Grizz bandsaw riser would fit my Rigid say perfectly, at 1/3 the price HD wants for theirs.
Mike

So are you in Canada, and you're having trouble finding the parts you want? Have you tried Busy Bee or House Of Tools? Both of them sell "clone" 14" bandsaws. House of Tools (our local one, anyway) is very client-friendly regarding exchanges/returns.
Clint

yes.. I've checkout BusyBee.. nothing is close to compatible.. their saws are also fairly low quality, IMHO.
I'll check out HouseOfTools, but I don't believe they are any stores anywhere near me.. I'll hit their website next.
Thanks M

Sorry to hear about your hassles. I got my Delta 14" saw from HD, and it seems to me that the riser block for that saw wasn't too much of a "bend-over" experience. Don't know if that one is compatible with yoru Ridgid saw, though.
Can you get someone in the US to order the riser for you (and shipped to them), and then have it forwarded to you?
Clint

Regardless of what answer you get here, the answer you get from Busybeetools is going to be the answer that counts.