burned teeth on new blade

Hi, I recently bought a Freud LM74R Industrial rip blade and right out of the package several of the teeth had burned marks from grinding. The marks are on the edges and extend forward to the face. I know nothing of metallurgy. Should I be concerned?
TIA John

Is that a carbide blade???
I can honestly say that I have never seen burn marks from grinding. Typically the teeth are under an oil bath when the grinding process is going on. I have however seen dark spots where carbide teeth have been attached to the saw blade.
Leon wrote:

That or something similar would be what I would surmise as well -- I really doubt it is a "traditional" grinder overheat mark.
I don't think there's anything to be concerned over, but if you got it locally, take it back or at least go compare it to some others in stock--

Or, get your money back and look into buying a brand that puts a bit more care into the manufacturing of their blades.
Leon wrote:

Freud is about as good as any at the price point -- after all, the blade in question is the "industrial" line which iirc is the lower-cost, designed for hard use rather than fine cabinetry end of the business, isn't it?

You may have a point there. He probably just needs to buy a better blade.

Yes it is a carbide blade. The discoloration, bluish in color, is visible on three teeth out of thirty and is not on the brazing but on the side of these carbide teeth and across the face of one.

New to me, usually a discoloration in the metal color like that means the hardness has been compromised. I would be leery, I have never seen carbide to that.

carbide
I have. Over the years, I have ground a great deal of carbide, by hand and by machine. It will discolor if you get it hot. Once cooled, it has no effect on it. The discoloration is cosmetic only.

Thank you for clarifying. I'll know better next time.
Had the same problem when I replaced the bristles on electric toothbrush with stainless ones, burned teeth that is ...

No.

Even with DSL I thought you reply would never finish down loading. ;~)
:)