Burl expansion

I've got some pieces of a large maple burl that I plan on using for box tops. We all know that wood expands quite a bit across the grain and very little if any along the grain.
But burl has no grain that I can see. Does it expand equally in all directions? Is the expansion large like cross grain or minimal like long grain?

I have not seen any expansion or shrinkage in any maple burl I've used. Not a tremendous amount of experience, but enough that I wouldn't worry about it. When buying maple burl for turning or Small projects (box lids) I have also never seen it coated. I did have a chunk (8"x8") of manzanita burl split on me.

I came into a lot of Manitoba Maple (aka Box Elder) burl a number of years ago.
Never seen it move to any bias, in any of the turning I've done with it. What I have left must be dry by now, and there's no sign of checking.