Bum toilet seat

I'd go with a small dab of clear silicone on the tank, where the seat hits it. When cured, cut it off to a very minimal thickness and it'd never be noticed.

Reply to
Nonny

wrote

I knew a couple guys who had a clear cast toliet seat cover with a big marijauna leaf in it.

Apparently owning such an item was semi legal because the leaf could not be smoked.

Making them on the other hand...

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Maybe a different mount assembly, then? One that will hold the seat up on its own?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

How about a tank cover? They seem to be out of fashion but they should be available somewhere.

Reply to
krw

That wear is from people leaning back. You need a smaller lid... hopefully, you don't have a 1.6 gal tank.

Reply to
Father Haskell

One would almost be ashamed to put such a work of art to such a, err, basic use. Photos?

Reply to
DGDevin

Thin silicon bumpers, maybe... Thin is the key word or the seat will not stay up... DAMHIKT

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

At the Borg one can find toilet seats & lids with slow closing lids. IIRC, the seats also close slowly and can be up in pretty much any position a few degrees short of 90. Go play with them. If you find something that meets your needs, either buy the whole thing and substitute your seat or get hold of the manufacturer and ask if they will sell you just the hardware.

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

Too expensive, too complicated. The obvious, most elegant solution is to toss the lid.

Reply to
Father Haskell

To a hardcore woodworker, that is like asking them to toss a child. He put a chunk of his soul in making the thing. Just sayin'

Reply to
aemeijers

No, never. Give it a dignified end, by framing it and hanging it over the fireplace.

Reply to
Father Haskell

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 18:33:42 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone scrawled the following:

I bought a nice Kohler terlit and it's built to handle a thick, padded seat, which I promptly installed. _I_ don't freeze my butt in the morning, thankyouverymuch. Better terlits have a deeper space between the tank and seat bold pattern, so all seats stay up, plain and padded. I liked the oblong Kohler because of the deep bowl. I no longer go trolling in that cold water. Having the padded seat stay up was a nice freebie.

------------------------------------------------------------- give me The Luxuries Of Life *

i can live without the necessities * 2 Tee collections online

Larry Jaques

That's what happens when you fail to follow the established 'rules' for the proper use of such wood on that particular kind of a project.`

The proper use of the maple in in constructing a flapper valve and ball- float.

Remember what the traditional wisdom says -- 'Put a Tiger in your Tank!'

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Maybe a piece from a pack of rubber non-slip shower floor stickons placed on the tank top at the edge would prevent the finish from wearing off the toilet lid.

Reply to
Joe Willis

For the float, yes, but for the flapper, no. Maple is too buoyant, you'd need something denser than water, such as cocobolo.

Reply to
Father Haskell