built it daybed ideas?

my next project is for my daughter's room. It will be a built in daybed to be followed by built in desk/dresser area. I'm in my designing phase and have been looking for ideas. The headboard will be against one wall, the back against the adjacent wall. The foot board will be free standing facing the entrance to the room. The bed will serve as a sitting area for watching tv etc. Here is the main feature I'm struggling with...I'd like the foot board to resemble the end of an oversized bench with the cap for the arm coming off the back, curving down the arm and ending in a loop that returns to the post of the foot board. It will be painted as her tastes change. I've thought about laminating sheets of mdf to the thickness and bandsawing the contour but would rather use maple...any ideas or suggestions?

Reply to
mel

Did you come up with some ideas?

Reply to