Building small table for disassembly

I am building a child's table and chairs for a christmas present.
This will either be shipped or boxed up and transported in checked airline baggage.
My default plan is to dry fit the table legs and much of the chair legs and then glue and finish them at the destination, but I would PREFER to simply make the table, um, "disassembleable" or have the legs fold down.
The only thing is every table I have seen that can be taken down or folded up is darn rickety.
Any neat tricks here or specialized hardware that would help? I've been looking for commercial examples of this, and every one is like I describe in the sentence above.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Woodworkers Supply (and many others) have many options for mechanical leg mounting hardware...
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What about using quick-connect hardware Ikea-style? I've got a solid wood dining set that uses these and it's actually pretty sturdy.
Chris
On 24 Nov 2005 08:28:10 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Through tenons with wedges are nice and substantial. With the right style (Arts & Crafts or fake medieval) they also look atttractive.
Cutting them needs an easy way of cutting mortices, ideally a bandsaw for the wedges (tiresome job otherwise) and careful paring of the tenon sloped surface to match the wedge. I use a long chisel and an angled block of wood.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes:

Some of the fasteners can be quite strong. Here's woodcraft's page on knock-down hardware:
http://www.woodcraft.com/depts.aspx?deptid "28
I've used this type:
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?DeptID "28&FamilyID45
You need to be able to drill holes in a T pattern, however. The barrel nuts (B) don't require precise positioning (you can use a hand drill.)