Building Small Scale Furniture (not dollhouse)

This is a project I have wanted to try for many years. Have done lots of furniture refinishing, but no building. Fairly familiar with woods and small, hobby tools. So, first question: If one builds about half scale, can I use plans for full-scale funiture and halve all the dimensions?

Then, tools: limited budget and space. Is there a table rotary saw that isn't a monster and can do fine work? Or is a jig saw more suitable?

Anyone know of a source for scaled down router bits?

If anyone knows of good books for the work, I would love to know. Thanks, and please bear with my amateurish questions :o)

Reply to
Norminn

I don't know how small you want, but Micromark (micromark.com) has a range of small tools - including a tablesaw that uses 2" blades.

This is a project I have wanted to try for many years. Have done lots

Reply to
Jim K