Building Small Scale Furniture (not dollhouse)

This is a project I have wanted to try for many years. Have done lots of furniture refinishing, but no building. Fairly familiar with woods and small, hobby tools. So, first question: If one builds about half scale, can I use plans for full-scale funiture and halve all the dimensions?
Then, tools: limited budget and space. Is there a table rotary saw that isn't a monster and can do fine work? Or is a jig saw more suitable?
Anyone know of a source for scaled down router bits?
If anyone knows of good books for the work, I would love to know. Thanks, and please bear with my amateurish questions :o)
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I don't know how small you want, but Micromark (micromark.com) has a range of small tools - including a tablesaw that uses 2" blades.
http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action  talog&Typeřpartment&IDb

‚úĖ