Building Pharaoh's Ship

Page 2 of 2

Cedars of Lebanon no doubt :p

Most of that wood came from the Sahara Forest. My grand dad was a lumberjack there.

He did a hell of a job!

Most of that wood came from the Sahara Forest. My grand dad was a lumberjack there.
It had forests and rivers and lakes during the last ice age.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 20:55:52 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So it's for _him_ The Lumberjack Song was written.
-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim
"dpb" wrote in message

Shipped in from France, the cedars of Lebanon used for the ancient versions no longer being available.
DGDevin wrote:

Doug fir from _FRANCE_????
Somehow the irony seems lost in the followups, here...
says...

Apparently the question they were trying to answer was whether the Egyptians could build a ship that could operate safely on the Red Sea. No big cedars in Lebanon anymore so the archaeologists had to do the best they could with what they could get.
It's on Netflix for streaming--kind of interesting actually.
"dpb" wrote in message

Apparently large quantities are also grown in Germany and New Zealand.