Building kitchen cupboards. Drawer slide advice requested.

Page 2 of 2
Swingman;1473860 Wrote: > "LdB" wrote > - > I'll have to decide on side or bottom mount slides. I bought a > dovetail > jig for this project. I hadn't concidered using bottom sliders to show > off > the woodwork. I suppose that when you do the work you have the right > to > show it off.- > > On the practical side, ... just be aware that under mount slide systems > most > often require more precision in drawer building. > > IOW, it is good practice to decide upon and buy your slides _before_ > you > build your drawers, then pay _very_ particular attention to the > required > drawer dimensions in the spec sheet. > - > A few responses picked up on my interest in a lifetime warranty. > I build things to last a lifetime and then some. Building to code is > the > minimum I will accept.- > > Don't look now, 'building to code' _is_ building to 'minimum > standards'. :) > > With a bit of maintenance this house will- > be standing a few hundred years after I'm gone. I intend to build a > set of > cupboards that will last as long as the house does. Some of you may > not > agree with that philosophy but it has done well for me.- > > You'll do alright then ... I expect all the kitchens I build to outlast > the > houses they go in, even though I try to build the houses they go in > with the > same attitude that I build the kitchens. :) > > However, don't expect today's buyer to appreciate that philosophy .... > :( > > -- > Karl ... > Cell 281-414-0127 > Fax 713-664-1393
this is good info thanks for this kind of topic,
___________________ Great thing to know about 'busby seo test' (http://pinayspeak.com/pinaytest /).
--
jams002

"LdB" wrote:

If money is no object, sounds like a plan.
As an alternate, check out the Accuride web site.
(SFWIW, I use their 100 lb, plated steel slides)
Select your slides, then develop a bill of material allowing about 3%-5% for spares.
Find the distributor in your area.
You will probably need a "Company Name" for billing purposes.
Since you have a boat, how about "Keel Haul Marine" or maybe "Kreative Kitchen Koncepts" or some other creative name.
Pay with cash or credit card, forget a personal check.
Haven't bought any for a while, but best guess is no more than about $8-$9/pair.
SFWIW, I'd buy slides first.
Have fun.
Lew
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 00:16:05 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

...I use Accuride...good stuff.

Lew, I promise I'll never ask again: What is SFWIW? ;O)
cg

"Charlie Groh" wrote:

Strictly For What It's Worth
Lew