Building Insulated Windows

Page 2 of 2
That was going to be my suggestion. My house had new windows installed before I bought it. They are the energy efficient vinly frame windows, problem is the vinyl is flexible, all the frames have slightly bowed out of shape, some so much that the windows fell out of the tracks where they hinge open for cleaning so I had to unscrew the hinges and move them out a little and re mount to hold them in the track. The glass its self is still fine, double oane with an amuminum channel seperating them then they set them inside the vinyl frame. I have thought many times about cutting the vinyl off and building wood frames many times.

All of the major window manufacturers do offer agron fill as an option. It does disapate over time however. It does work, just not forever.
Bob