Building a Shed -- Flooring and other questions

Page 2 of 2
I built a 12x16 when I moved into our current house in Central Texas.
I used concrete blocks of different sized and gravel to level out piers for a base for the floor joist deck of 2 x 8's. I used a tongue and grove waferboard underlayment for flooring and I would not recommend the waferboard part. It flakes up too easily.
I made the wall height a full 8 feet and pitched the roof at 12/12 for a loft effect. I had to switch to metal roofing from the normal plywood deck and shingles due to the dramatic pitch of the roof. But it turned out good since I could do the metal roofing one strip at a time by standing on the ceiling joists while doing it with a friend.
I built my own double doors out of 2 x 4's and siding that matched the hardboard siding I used on the outside.
The only thing I would do different would (besides the flooring)be to do a front upper door to the loft so I could put in long pieces of wood or pipe if need be.
IF I chose flooring today I would probably use plywood decking or if I wanted a cadillac floor, 2 by tongue and groove.
Good luck and have fun doing it.
RonT
RE: Subject
I built a 12 x 20 x 8 shed using 2x4's, 2x8's and 1/2" CDX plywood.
It has been jacked up and moved 3 different times.
It travels well down the super slab at 55 MPH.
Something to consider:
If you do not attach the structure to a foundation, it won't be considered a building, will not be covered by building codes, etc, etc.
If you move, jack it up and takle it with you.
Just something to think about.
HTH
Lew

Yeah but how does it fare in a head on collision? LOL
"Leon" writes:

Haven't had to consider that yet, but most of the stuff I build is built a couple of cuts above your basic brick out house.
Should be OK.<G>
Lew