Building a secret room

Page 2 of 2
Hi everyone,
The main reason I've always wanted a secret room is just because I think they are cool and I think they are a fun conversation piece. Thats really the only reason I have. I wonder if rollers are necessary if heavy duty hinges are used. I would imagine that a bookcase would be signifigantly heavier than a linen closet.
In my first post I mentioned the show about secret rooms that was on HGTV on sunday. Check out the website of the engineer that was profiled on the show. Some of his inventions are very clever; a clock that must have the hands at 12 in order to send a signal to open the lock.
http://www.hiddenpassageway.com/catalog1.htm

Talk about a unique business. This guy has cerainly identified a niche market and is supplying some very specialized products and services. I hope he does well.
Wed, Mar 7, 2007, 7:18am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com waves again and doth sayeth: Hi everyone, The main reason I've always wanted a secret room is just because I think they are cool and I think they are a fun conversation piece. Thats really the only reason I have. <snip>
If you get your secret room, then you should either keep it totally secret, tell absolutely no one. Or, tell everyone, and show them, so they'll know there's nothing of value hidden in it. Cause word will get around, and if all they hear is you've got a secret room, some of those people will start to wender what you've got that you need a secret room to hide it in. But that's just me.
JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool
Tue, Mar 6, 2007, 4:39pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com waves and hollers out: Hi everyone, I am currently remodeling a bathroom in the basement of my home and I wanted everyone's input on the feasibility of an idea that I have. I have always been fascinated by secret rooms and hidden passages and the idea of this bathroom having a secret entrance <snip>
I'm always kind of amazed whenever someone brings up the subject of a "secret" room - posted on an international newsgroup. LOL Some secret.
I could see having a secret room "with" a bathroom, but a secret bathroom? I had a colon resection in 2000, and when I get the sudden ure to go it would be vital that the bathroom not be concealed. So it might work for you, but not for me.
I'd say check the archivs.