Bugger!

Page 2 of 2

Do they have a permit to burn? :o)

If you need some kindling, we still have 3 Upholder class British submarines in Canada that seem to burn quite well.

My Dad was in the RCN, and had a few horror stories. The best one actually was told to me about when he'd been out of the services and teaching for a number of years, and the CAF had ordered a pile of beef carcasses to be rendered into steaks, roasts and such.
The steers had been inspected and marked with special stamps, then pushed to a section of the plant and kept seperate from all the other carcasses. Dad's partner doing the final inspected noticed something about one of the cutters doing the filleting. Soem of the scrap pieces looked to be a bit large.
At the end of the day, Dad and his partner went around to all of the butchering stations, reached under the counters and pulled up boxes full of filet mignon.
Tossing them on the counters, Dad's partner told the people cutting: "Wrap those up as well" and then stood there and watched while the guys did just that.
Dad said that if it had been one or two, they wouldn't ahve noticed, but boxes full of them....