BUFF has arrived

The Big Ugly Fat Feller arrived today. All 487 kgs of him sat on the trailer, just daring me to try to wrestle him off, so, being naturally stoopid, I did. First I undid the trailer, got a friend (past tense) to help, used two 4' bits of pine to use as skids and we slid that beast to the ground (and watched helplessly as the trailer went vertical).
I have been cleaning and assembling for the last 6 hours, had to empty then refill the shop to get BUFF inside. Fired him up at the 4 hour mark without a blade and watched happily as the lights dimmed on ignition.
Have got the fence and guards cleaned and ready to go. Had to go and get a power cord which was missing (dealer will reimburse the cost). I ache in every bone, and have twinged my lower back - this is a bigger job than I thought.
Can't wait for tomorrow; fence, sliding table and adjustments - then, sawdust! I'll post some pics later, no strength left in finge...
221 pounds isn't really that heavy, especially for 2 guys. Is this a jointer?

the
then
without
Uh ... that's MULTIPLY by 2.2 Mike, not divide.
487 kg = 1073 Lbs.
Rick

DOH!
ok, that IS heavy :)
hey, I hadn't had any coffee when I replied, so cut me some slack :)

get
in

No slack allowed!(Or is that no *slackers* allowed?) Oh well, if the shoe fits . . .
--
Nahmie
What kinda new math did they teach you up there in RI? Everyone knows that to convert kg to pounds you divide by 6. I think it's only 14 pounds and these guys were faking.

Ummmm - 487 kg @ 2.2 lb per kilo comes out to something like 1073.65 pounds, or a touch over a half ton.

You are exact: 487kg = 1073.64994 lb. Metric Converter http://vaibhavweb.tripod.com / (not that "I" would be a mathematician...)
Alex
Ok Greg, we are are all curious - put a make and model to the beast!
Lou

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:56:53 +1100, "Greg Millen"

Ar ar ar. You -know- you've got a powerful motor then, wot?

Ah, fence + sliding table: It must be a tablesaur. Congrats on your 1,071.4 lb. newborn.
--
Strong like ox, smart like tractor.
----------------------------------

THAT is one BIG saw! Pictures will be required.
Oh, and cleaning the shop is the downside of new 'capital' tools. One upside is a temporarily clean shop.
Ice and Advil, friend.
Patriarch
Heh - good onya....
Keep us posted. Bet the grin is huge
Mike

the
--
Outgoing mail is pre-scanned by AVG
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:56:53 +1100, "Greg Millen"

Hi Greg, Glad it eventually arrived. Nice one. Waiting for the pics. Still thinking about mine. Cheers