Buccaneers

Page 2 of 2
(Gary Coffman) wrote:

<snip>
I swear mine is so loud I'm surprised it doesn't keep my wife awake. In my case I have Meniers which is another of those things they don't know the cause or any cure. The dizzy spells decrease as the hearing goes. I'm now almost completely deaf in my left ear but still have the ringing.
Stuart Johnson Red Oak, Texas
Gary Coffman wrote:

Be careful--there's way more than one forme of tinnitus. I had "pulsitile tinnitus" in both ears (worse in the right--the left ringing tended to mask the pulse) to the point where I only needed a watch to get my pulse. After a bunch of tests, the closest guess was otosclerosis, where the stirrup bone (stapes for the latinophiles) is frozen to the middle ear by a spongy to hard bone mass. An interesting bit of microsurgery can clean things up, and I had to take my pulse the normal way.
Turns out the pulsitile tinnitus was a combination of a really good bone-to ear connectiuon, and the fact that external sounds were getting grounded out. Can't remember if the pulse came back the two times my left ear prothesis failed--if you are allergic to stainless--actually nickle--*tell the docs and make them research it*. Most people think that nickle allergy is strictly a skin condition, but I have the remnants of the anvil bone and a stainless implant to tell me otherwise. Titanium works OK (when installed correctly--failure number 1), as does the plastic/ceramic stuff they use when the middle ear bonework needs a forklift upgrade.
Pete Brooks
(Glenn Cramond) wrote:

causes.
consciousness,
Too late for me at 60, but that's good news for coming generations. The cause of my tinnitus would be hard to trace-- high fever as a kid, drill sergeant in the days when the Army said "ear plugs?", raced cars. The last time I fired a rifle without ear protection all the sirens of hell let loose.
Bob
My ears ring too.....I just wish I could answer them ;o) Cheers!
--
Dominick Fiumare Email: snipped-for-privacy@nmsu.edu
Facilities & Services Voice: 505-646-2529

A lady on the production line in a factory where I used to work (electronic assembly, not a noisy environment) had a constant "popping" noise in her ears. It was at about heart rate, don't know whether it was synchronised. If you placed your ear next to hers, you could hear it too. Must have been hell to live with. The noise, not the lady.

--
John Fletcher

John Fletcher wrote:

I've had a hair in my ear canal rub against my eardrum with similar results.
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:00:36 GMT, "Dennis J Brown"

hehehehe im investing all my money in hearing aid stocks! in a few years ill be RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! george
Heh?!? Whadidyasay?!? Hold on...let me turn down the Metallica.

Barry Burke responds:

Read the part about "Joke."
Parkersburg has such an ordinance, too. Unfortunately, it generally takes the cops about 3-6 hours to respond on their fast days and 3-6 days on their slower ones.
If the respond: they usually don't.
Charlie Self
We thought, because we had power, we had wisdom. Stephen Vincent Benet
No, I just asked Korotkoff.
Phil