BSA Auction Results In

Just got home from the Troop 1 Auction and the Footlocker / Campaign Chest went for $1000.00. (Pix on ABPW).
Since I would have sold it for $1200.00 on commission, I feel one way.
Since hard costs, less labor were $400.00, I guess I'm satisfied.
It went for the highest amount of all the items auctioned, including a signed Joe Dimaggio baseball and a Whitey Ford signed baseball, each of which I coveted but kept my hands down for.
I can hardly believe I beat Dimaggio.
Imagine.
:-)
tom watson

Wow, that's great. Must have been a very discerning crowd. Too often things like that are offered for less than IKEA prices.

You know, Ed, these folks were very committed to the idea that they were making a contribution to the troop by bidding the prices high. I don't think that they had a particular idea on how to bid hand made stuff but they came pretty close to what my asking price would have been.
I pretty much wound up working for $20.00 an hour but I have to acknowledge our contribution to the troop at the selling price.
I can say that the result was not so far off that I would not do it again next year.
tom watson
WooooHooo! That's good news.
cm

mac