Brushes for Craftsman router

I was recently given an old Craftsman 746-21 router which doesn't work.
After getting it apart (dunno how they ever got it together) it appears that the brushes are worn out. As far as I know there are no agents in the UK and I don't know how it got here either.
Are any of you guys able to get these or do you know were I can get them?
The safety switch on the spindle lock also appears intermittent but I think I can get round that problem.
Stuart
--
Stuart Winsor

come up. There seems to be some numbers missing.
Stuart wrote: ...

Possibly they may still be available thru Sears, but usually one can find a matching brush in the generic stock supply at a good hardware store. I'd presume similar are available over there so that's what I suggest first.
My favorite motor repair guy simply makes them for whatever you bring in.
Pete Stanaitis ---------------------
Stuart wrote:

Thanks for the advice guys.
The brushes are rectangular in section, 1/2"x5/16", with grooves milled down the two sides. The rear has a round extension which the spring fits over. They fit in a "box" of thin metal, with tabs to which the wiring is attached. At the front of the "box" are bent over fingers which engage in the slots and limit the travel, presumably to prevent the brushes wearing away completely leaving the springs making contact with the armature to cause damage.
Whether it is worthwhile spending a lot of time chasing all over Coventry to find someone willing do that sort of manufacture, for something that cost me nothing, I'm not sure.
Even if I could, it begs the question of whether it would be better to put that cost towards the purchase of a new router.
Kind regards Stuart.
--
Stuart Winsor