brush dilemna

hi...
I just found a couple of paint brushes that I used staining a cabinet a month of so ago. Well, I guess I forgot to clean them and now the bristles are rock hard. Is there anything I can do to salvage these brushes?
thanks...
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Ah10201) wrote:

http://www.kleanstrip.com/paintprep.htm
The bottm two products are excellent...follow the directions and have "new" brushes.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Ah10201) wrote:

There are specialized brush cleaning/rejuvenating solutions available at hardware stores.
Or you could try lacquer thinner for oil-based cleaning and ammonia or denatured alcohol for latex. Let them soak for a day or two and then use a series of containers with clean solvent to work the brush - progressing to clean.
if all else fails, try soaking them in liquid fabric softener. sometimes it works...
randy