Brrr, It's cold in the woodshop!

In spite of the the wicked cold temperatures today, I still managed to get a little woodwerk'en done. Had my propane heater blasting.

(scroll down).

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Damn but ain't that the truth? I had between 20 and 25 for the bulk of the day today. It didn't stop the few things I had to do but I really need to rethink the space I'm in. A friend talks about moving his guitar shop not too far from me... That would suit me fine.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Edelenbos

Yesterday I went into the shop, got a couple of washers I needed and left. I won't go back to do any work now until mid March.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed,

I bought a small propane heater a couple of years ago. Works ok. I pre-heat the garage'er woodshop for fifteen minutes or so and it keeps me moderately comfortable. My garage is finished off and holds the heat ok. The weakest link is the garage door which is cheaply made with Styrofoam panels. It's tempting to upgrade the garage door to something more insulating.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Looked outside my window today at a 72F reading.

Would have preferred an 80F, but it's January.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

------------------------------------ I bought a small propane heater a couple of years ago. Works ok. I pre-heat the garage'er woodshop for fifteen minutes or so and it keeps me moderately comfortable. My garage is finished off and holds the heat ok. The weakest link is the garage door which is cheaply made with Styrofoam panels. It's tempting to upgrade the garage door to something more insulating.

------------------------------------ Might build a bolt together ass'y that fits the garage door frame, then staple some 6 mil poly to the frame for the winter.

Take it apart and store over head during warm weather.

Worked for me.

YMMV

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I do have a 30,000 Btu heater and it gives me a 30 degree temperature rise.

15 + 30 = too cold to work. especially after a single digit night.

If I insulate the ceiling I'd get a lot more out of it, but every time I look at what has to be done, I sort of lose interest. It would be a PITA.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Drive-by. You suck.

Hey, but *we're* not sweating... so take that.

jc

Reply to
Joe

"Joe" wrote in news:1Pq0n.4001$cW.1012 @newsreading01.news.tds.net:

*snip*

Around here (Midwest) I actually sweat MORE in winter than summer. Some stores keep it way too warm to keep a coat on and be comfortable.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper