Brown Paper Bag Final Sanding?

I learned that there was usually some free and available newspaper any and everywhere, within reach of windows. Chamois, not so much. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I'm still laughing... it's not getting old. :-)

Brownbagpaper? sold in packs of one for $24.99.... on sale at Woodcraft,

4 for $100.
Reply to
-MIKE-

Not a lot of chamois laying around the barracks.

Reply to
CW

Should work even better if you rubbed a bit of jeweler's rouge into the paper.

Reply to
Father Haskell

I used it again today, to knock the dust off of the spray satin topcoat I put over the dye. Was faster than a synthetic buffing pad I normally use.

Reply to
-MIKE-

So hit the BX/PX, boy. Doubletime!

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

One of my guys used to, and I emphasize 'used to' clean his glasses with paper shop towels. Scratched the s**te out of the coating on his polycarbonate lenses. Paper is fibre. Fibres have 'ends' on them...those are scratchy. Do not use TP to blow your nose for any extended period of time during a cold, you'll end up looking like WC Fields.

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news:3a7f2f1f-2977-4bc6-a46d- snipped-for-privacy@g13g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

Your Dutch heritage shows. I remember Dutch TP as about 80 grit. Ouch ...

Reply to
Han

LOL!!...that brown stuff was brutal! (But did the job.)

Reply to
Robatoy

I have found a better way to clean windows, have tried the news paper with ok results. Use a window cleaner and wipe off with a microfiber towel. The micro fiber towel will not swish the dirt around but will capture and retain the dirt. Additionally car wax will help prevent the window from getting dirty again as quickly and will remove those tough spots.

Reply to
Leon

---------------------------------------- Next thing will be the red corn cob, white corn cob, red corn cob story.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I don't know that story, but my imagination is begging you not to tell it.

Reply to
Robatoy

-------------------------------- A story that can only truly be appreciated by an out house connoisseur.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It is an old bathroom joke consisting of two red corn cobs and one white

- in a box with a cellophane cover and a notice that said "In case of emergency, break glass." It went on to give instructions something like "Use red cob first. Then use white cob to see if second red cob needed."

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Pulp paper is made from wood, rag paper is made from cloth. Pulp paper is going to scratch a LOT more than

100% rag, as my test on shellac with a sheet of printer paper bore out last night. Use it for smoothing anything short of the final glaze coat on French polish.
Reply to
Father Haskell

Yup.

I've been using the brown paper bag idea for quite a while.

Only slightly off topic: newspaper is probably the best thing to use to clean glass (eg, your windshield). Seems the ink acts like a fine pumice.

Reply to
Neil Brooks

Sicilian TP used to be described as "Non-skid" by us visitors.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

The UK variety used to be incredibly slick. Not really what one looks for in a TP ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Ain't it amazing, the depths of scatological depravity to which a simple, innocently initiated thread can sink on the wREC?

;)

Reply to
Swingman

I didn't take me long to realize you get about 24hrs for any useful information, then you can literally stop reading. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-