Broken lath

My lath that I bought back in June broke to day. The live center spun out a bearing and it feel apart. Called Jet who made the lath to see about a new live center and had the best experience with customer service I have ever had. The Lady who answered the phone was very nice and seemed to be concerned with my problem, gave me an apology for the failure of the lath and told me that the part would be sent out Monday and to expect it Tuesday. When she found out that I would be doing a show near her home over the weekend she even offered to bring a new live center to the show for me. Through out the call I was treated not as a customer, valued or otherwise, but as a friend who she was glad to hear from and help. She wanted to know how I liked the lath and if I had any other problems, what type of turnings I did etc.. Grizzly has good customer service, Lee Valley is above reproach on customer relations, but Jet was the best I have ever dealt with, as least on this call.

Reply to
sweetsawdust

Thanks for the input... I have 2 jet lathes and it's good to hear..

It's easy to complain, not enough of us take the time to tell the good stuff.. thanks!

Mac

mac davis

Fri, Sep 8, 2006, 11:29pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (sweetsawdust) doth lament: My lath that I bought back in June broke to day. The live center spun out a bearing and it feel apart. Called Jet

Dunno quite what to say. I've got a HF "lathe" I've had for 8 1/2

- 9 years. Still no problems with it. I do put a few drops on the live center when I use it.

JOAT I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn well they're after me.

Reply to
J T