Broken Jorgensen Cabinet Master clamps

This past week I must have had temporary super powers and broke the aluminum clamping mechanism in two of my Jorgy Cab Master bar clamps. I've had them for several years without any problems but they're only covered by a 1 year warranty. I called their Customer Service at (312) 666-0640 and explained my situation and was connected to a technical person who told me it is a known problem, the failing of the aluminum mechanism. She asked how many clamps I owned and she assured me she would get replacement cast iron mechanisms out to me ASAP. Two days later UPS delivered a box which contained 12 replacement mechanisms, one for each Cab Master in my arsenal. So, if any of you own Cab Masters that have failed you might want to phone them and give them the opportunity to make it right for you.

ROY!

Reply to
ROY!

Thanks, Roy... Always good to know that some companies will "do the right thing" and they should get as much attention for it as we give to the less responsible ones that we bitch about...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I generally don't like "me too" posts, but feel one is appropriate here. Had the same experience (broke one; got replacement parts for all eight I owned). Very much appreciated; I will look to them first for future clamp needs.

Reply to
alexy

replying to ROY!, Bob wrote: Thanks Roy for the heads up on the cabinet master clamp! I found myself in the same situation.(broken casting) I was surfing the Webb trying to order one when I found your message. The company has recently changed hands and is in the process of making new castings. They intend on honoring the previous obligations.and will send me a replacement. when it becomes available. Roy Thanks again for your posting Bob

Reply to
Bob

Actually Jorgenson quit using the aluminum castings way back when, probably over 10 years ago. I had all of mine replaced 10 + years ago. The steel ones are much better although heavier.

Reply to
Leon

replying to Bob, 1dergib wrote: Hi Bob, can you please tell me who you contacted about replacement parts as I have 3 out of 4 broken castings on my clamps and would really like to get them replaced. Thanks!

Reply to
1dergib

replying to Bob, Dave wrote: Bob,

Any chance you could share the contact info you used to make this happen? Ive got 4 clamps that need replacing and ive already snapped 2

Reply to
Dave