Bridgewood question

Hi all,

I was just offered a Bridgewood 36"? bandsaw in excellent condition from a man brokering out a bunch of equipment from a log home builder that closed a couple years ago. (They simply closed their doors due to a serious cash flow problem I heard. I'm told they closed just before they would have had to file bankruptcy).

Whatever the case, there is supposed to be a pile of various equipment for sale, I can hardly wait to see what they have!

I'll give a full report of the goodies when I come back from my visit there.

At any rate, in the course of conversation, this guy said there was a like new 10 year old, hardly used, Bridgewood 36"? bandsaw for sale there.

If it is that big and in really good condition, any guesses on it's worth? I've never owned any of this brand, so I'm in unfamiliar territory. I want to make a serious offer because I could really use a saw like this.

The brand new Bridgewood 37" models from Italy seem to be for sale for somewhere in the $ 5700 range.

I need the big throat, not any resaw capability. I work with panels mostly.

Any guesses are welcome.

James

Reply to
James Tomalonis

Hi James,

I bought a 36" Tannewitz at auction a few years ago, from a piano company that had closed up. Tannewitz used to be the Cadillac of the heavy duty bandsaws, but may not even be made anymore. Anyway, it was about 30 years old, but very well cared for, and in great condition. I got it for $2,200, which happened to be the lowest selling price of the six machines that sold. I felt like I got a great deal, and have certainly gotten my moneys worth. It is versatile, powerful and accurate. That's just one man's circumstance. YMMV.

babygrand

Reply to
babygrand

Thanks for your input, I guess there's not a lot of these out there, hence the huge response to my post. I'll just have to make the best decision I can when I go look at it. I googled old posts and found nothing on this unit, but I see that the feelings about Bridgewood as a brand go about 50/50.

I'll still report what's there in case someone needs something.

James

circumstance.

Reply to
James Tomalonis

James,

Sorry, but I can't speak about this bandsaw specifically, either.

But I do own 2 other Bridgewood machines.

The first is a 15 yr old, 8" jointer. I bought it used about

3 yrs ago (for $450). I did a little bit of refurb on it (another $100). Overall it is a very nice machine. The tables are flat within a couple thousanths. I did a tiny bit of shimming on the outfeed table to get the tables co-planer. The fence has a little twist to it. Don't remember exactly, but I think it was about 1/64 over the 36" length. I like this machine enough that I am considering getting a new spiral-shear-cut cutter head for it. Kind of expensive so I keep putting that off.

The second machine is a 10" left tilt cabinet saw, Model 10-LTS, I think. I bought this new 2 yrs ago. This is a great machine. Smooth and accurate. Fit and finish excellent.

Both machines are Chinese built, I believe. I would buy either one again.

Ken

James Tomal> Thanks for your input, I guess there's not a lot of these out there, hence

decision I can

Reply to
kmfks2000