Bridge Saws for Woodworking?

A few weeks ago I received the "Home Depot Toolbook" catalog, and was looking through it again last night.
Back in the tiling tools (page 61) I noticed a saw called a "Bridge Saw". I hadn't seen this type of saw before, and was curious if anyone made a saw like this for woodworking?
Of course, at $1400 I could have bought the Milwaukie panel saw on the previous page for $1200. :)
Anthony
HerHusband wrote:

A radial arm saw works the same way.
--