BRIAR FOR CARVING PIPES

You can find info about briar and pipe carvers in
www.pipaergosum.it
http://www.pipaergosum.it/pipemakers/Romeo-Briar.html
You can also find briar and stems at Pimo Pipe crafts, American Pipes (Mark Tinsky) and J H Lowe which is owned by Tim West, an established pipemaker. There are also briar blocks on ebay all of the time. I have been making pipes for a couple of years. max

Don't forget Max that Lee Von Erk sells briar blocks also. Puff

Do you make them for sale or for personal use? If you sell them, do you have a web site?
Gerry < still a pipe smoker after thirty+ years >
I do not have a web site. I made a couple of dozen pipes and sent them to various pipe makers and pipe smokers on ASP for comments. I have three that I kept to smoke for myself. I have several dozen blocks of Algerian briar and a bunch of stems and I hope to start making them again. Try the newsgroup Alt.smokes.pipes. You can read about various tobaccos and a lot of pipe makers also join the discussions. Here is a link to some interesting sites. http://www.pipes.org/links.php?category=Retail
max