Brexit

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow? And can we get rid of that bloody awful and potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?
Sorry, that was meant for UK DIY!
On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 14:23:09 -0700 (PDT) snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

these are not unreasonable demands
On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 14:23:09 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

Sounds like a plan.
On 9/25/2015 4:23 PM, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote:

I bite. ;~). What is better than the Edison Screw system? And why is it dangerous?

Probably a bayonet base. Remember, the Brits use a balanced (ungrounded) 230V. The "shell" of the Edison base will be hot. Of course, with most lamps here in the US, there is a 50/50 chance that the shell will be hot, too. The solution is DON'T STICK YOUR FINGERS IN THE LIGHT SOCKET!". ;-)
On 9/26/2015 8:17 AM, krw wrote:

A "bit" more exposure. But like you said, don't stick you finger in that hole, on either base. LOL